Pal’s Business Excellence Institute congratulates K&N Management as a 2010 recipient of the Baldrige National Quality Award (Press Release) – America’s highest honor for innovation and performance excellence presented annually by the President. Pal’s BEI has had the privilege of working with K&N on their quest for excellence. Ken Schiller, co-owner of K&N Management, states that “Pal’s Business Excellence Institute along with David McClaskey has served as our benchmark, inspiration, mentor and performance excellence coach for the past nine years. They were the catalyst for our improvement journey that began in 2001 and are the largest contributing factor to the 2010 Malcolm Baldrige Award for K&N Management.” Some of K&N Management business results highlights include:
- Their Rudy’s North Austin location is the number one-ranked restaurant in food sales per square foot out of approximately 67,000 total restaurants in Texas
- The company also created an innovative breakfast program that does more business than similar concepts do in a full day
- With more than $3.5 million per year in single-unit sales and world-class guest satisfaction ratings during the first two years indicate that Mighty Fine is one of the best start-up fast casual concepts in the nation
- First restaurant group to receive the prestigious Texas Award for Performance Excellence from the non-profit Quality Texas Foundation.
- Their Rudy’s Country Store & Bar-B-Q restaurants increased average unit sales from just over $3 million in 2000 to slightly more than $7 million in 2010.
- From its inception in 2007 to the third quarter of 2010, Mighty Fine Burgers, Fries and Shakes increased annual unit sales from just over $2 million to more than $3 million, triple the unit sales of its best competitor.
K&N Management has worked with Pal’s BEI through customized operational excellence training in Kingsport, TN and on-site training in Austin, TX as well as Baldrige specific consulting and executive coaching.
K&N Management is the licensed Austin (Texas)-area developer for Rudy’s Country Store & Bar-B-Q and the creator of Mighty Fine Burgers, Fries and Shakes, two fast-casual restaurant concepts.